Saturday, October 3, 2009

WHY THE PUBLIC OPTION COULD PREVAIL, BUT...

There are enough votes in the House (hell even my rep who is a blue dog has expressed his support) and don't let anyone tell you we ...need more than 51 votes in the Senate because we don't. We only need all democrats to be willing to vote to cut off debate. Tell me what Democratic Senator would be so brazen to support a filibuster? Even if this mythical creature exists we would still have resort to reconciliation. The fact is if we don't get a strong public option the fix was in from the beginning. This "Et tu, Brute?" has only one resting place and it is not the House or Senate. As my grandmother said, I will give you three guesses and the first two don't count. A friend of mine asked me a few weeks ago what did I think of the Obama Administration so far and I told him the jury was still out. I should have added that the jury sent a note to judge asking to review the evidence on health care reform, the nine trillion dollar give away to the banking industry that no one seems to know where it has gone, and the Afghanistan policy which appears to be in the making of a 50 year occupation. (so much so the judge may reopen testimony) Finally, it appears that a leak from the jury (see http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jeff-cohen/the-mystique-of-free-mark_b_298461.html) is tending towards a conviction on at least one count of Clinton light and possibly on the more serious charge political gamesmanship. As for me, I sit on the jury and I am waiting for all the evidence to be in, however, unless there is some rather dramatic new testimony I will vote for conviction on all counts. I have had ENOUGH!

Dan

As Ed Schultz said the other day "Do you think Obama needs to be more forceful? My response "DUH!" One can only HOPE that we are not beating a dead horse!

No comments:

Post a Comment